Constructive Home Inspections
Otherwise known as
The Property Condition Assessment.
Constructive Home Inspections conducts Property Condition Assessments in accordance with ASTM E2018-08 unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
The purpose and scope of a PCA are different for each client and property. Just as Due Diligence is a broad term in a commercial real estate transaction the PCA can include property survey and environmental survey or be limited to the site and improvements.
A meeting to define the purpose and scope of the Property Condition Assessment is required and will need to be agreed to in writing.
A Property Condition Assessment can take 1 – 3 weeks depending on response for records requests from local planning / zoning, public safety departments and other studies requested such as environmental.
Unless otherwise agreed upon the Property Condition Assessment addresses the following but is not limited to:
- Request of records from State and Local Authorities
- Questionnaire regarding building repair and maintenance from responsible party.
- Significance of physical deficiencies with suggested remedies.
With Observation and descriptions of the following:
- Overall Building Site description and observation including flood plane inquiry.
- Structural Frame and Building Envelope
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Vertical Transportation
- Life Safety / Fire Protection
- Interior Elements
Constructive Home Inspections can also provide customized inspections for the following:
- Pre and Post Lease
- Annual Maintenance
- Deferred Maintenance
- Roofing Inspections