Constructive Home Inspections
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Your Peace of Mind is Our Business
What To Expect
Here are some general things to expect and a list of the Systems and Components that will be inspected.
- A home inspection can take from 2 – 5 hours depending on the size and age of the home.
- The client and their Realtor are encouraged to attend the inspection, address any concerns and ask any question they may have.
- The home inspection is a comprehensive visual inspection and evaluation for the functionality of the systems and components of the home. Every effort will be made to locate, determine the severity of, provide an implication for, and direct a cause of action to correct any defects found. Any defects found requiring technical evaluation or technical direction to correct will be referred to the appropriate contractor, engineer or technician for further evaluation.
- The home inspection is not technically exhaustive, if this is the expectation that's okay. However, it is outside the scope of a home inspection and I suggest hiring each of the following individually: Structural engineer, Roofer, Plumber, Electrician, Appliance Technician, HVAC Technician, General Contractor and Landscaper to inspect each of their respective trades. Or we can call in the specialist for a consultation during the home inspection if there are specific concerns known of ahead of time.
- A signed Real Estate Inspection Contract is required by the state of North Carolina PRIOR to starting the home inspection.
- The systems and components listed below will be inspected unless otherwise agreed to in the Inspection Contract.
- The inspection report with photos and a summary page of repair items is normally emailed the following day with a hardcopy mailed or delivered to the client and their Realtor, if requested, as soon as possible.
- Inspection fee is to be paid at the conclusion of the inspection unless prior arrangements have been made.
- A meeting or conference call involving the client, Realtor and inspector is suggested to review the inspection report for clarity prior to submitting a repair list.
- A re-inspection of repaired items is available for an additional fee.
- Clients are welcome to call with maintenance, repair or general home questions until my phone no longer works. Your Peace of Mind is Our Business!
Constructive Home Inspections performs its home inspections in accordance with the State of North Carolina Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, our inspections include but are not limited to the following:
- Roof coverings and Flashings
- Attic Areas
- Gutters and Downspouts
- Exterior Components
- Crawlspace, Basement, Pilings or Slab
- Grading and Drainage
- Windows and Doors
- Decks and Patios
- Interior Components
- Built-in appliances
- Plumbing System and Components
- Electrical System and Components
- Air Conditioning and Heating Systems
- Fireplace and Chimney
- Insulation and Ventilation